Dienstag, 8. März 2011

homeopathy Digest, Vol 11, Issue 31

Send homeopathy mailing list submissions to
homeopathy@homeolist.com

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
http://lists.homeolist.com/mailman/listinfo/homeopathy
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
homeopathy-request@homeolist.com

You can reach the person managing the list at
homeopathy-owner@homeolist.com

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of homeopathy digest..."


Today's Topics:

1. Re: BIH (Lynn Cremona)
2. Re: BIH (Irene de Villiers)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 18:02:07 -0500
From: Lynn Cremona <freelynn@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [H] BIH
To: homeopathy@homeolist.com
Message-ID: <4D7563EF.5060308@optonline.net>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed

Hello Jack,
I disagree with the opinion of BIH that has been presented.

I tutor for the BIH, we are in the process of rewriting some of the
course materials to further improve the quality of our already excellent
education at BIH. What is taught at BIH under the Directorship og Maria
Bohle (Dr Cook has retired) is based on the teachings of Hahnemann. The
school now offers a 4 year education, including Anatomy and Physiology,
Pathology, Live Clinics which can also be attended by video link. Once
completing the 4 year schooling and taking the Final Exam, passing the
CHC Exam, if one chooses to sit for it, will be a seamless transition.

BIH also offers a Clinical Nutrition course, Veterinarian Course, An
Introductory course for those not looking to become practitioners but
would like information on acute care for their families.

Additional Courses which are not Homeopathy are offered at BIH, ie Bach
Flower, Herbology, and others. These courses are separate from the
Homeopathy courses and are taught by those with a professional
background in those modalities.

Lynn Cremona
--------------------------------------
> On Mar 6, 2011, at 1:13 PM, Jack Anderson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have always been of the opinion that BIH provides excellent
> education at a reasonable price.
>
> -------------------------------------------------
>
Irene de Villiers wrote:
> Perhaps so.
> At the expense of their tutors and course writers?
>
> As a tutor, every time I suggested an improvement on the
> administration forum where I was an appointed member - I was tossed
> off without so much as a word from management - likewise on the tutor
> forum, or if I presented a problem (along with its suggested
> solution as I believe in doing), I was tossed off the tutor list for
> "failing to have loyalty" to BIH. Yet all my suggestions had to be
> implemented eventually as the ideas proposed by BIH were as flawed as
> I and others pointed out at the time. It was not politic to point it
> out, they had to learn the hard way. This is frustrating for tutors
> trying to improve things.
>
> As a tutor, when I posted appropriate explanations for students
> asking questions on the Organon or whatever, posting them to the
> study group, I was told I was "chasing students away" and was banned
> from the study group without the courtesy of an mail or notice of any
> kind. Yet more than 7000 emails I wrote there were hailed as very
> useful by recipients. I got not as cent nor a thank you, for writing
> them but they took about that many half hours or hours to write.
> Being kicked in the teeth for it does not feel great.
>
> As a tutor when I agreed to write an upgraded veterinary homeopathy
> course for a contracted and agreed sum per "lesson" (for 29 lessons),
> as much of the material had a copyright left over form the 1960s, and
> had what I considered errors and a great need to be updated, BIH
> renegged on payment before the first lesson was even half done and
> wanted the entire course written for what amounted to no fee. (I
> declined. And I had done a lot of work and research by then.)
>
> As a tutor, one gets $25 for each time a student passes an exam (and
> it used to be less). That might involve ten to forty hours of expert
> teaching time and grading time. That's a VERY small fraction of
> minimum wage for professional work.
>
> .........I do not know where student fees go, but NOT to the tutors.
>
> There are ugly complaints from management if one appears to criticize
> any aspect of BIH or its course material. (For example they still
> promote the fiction that avogadro's number has anything to do with
> potency, yet principal of BIH UK - my tutor at the time for the
> course when I took it - agreed to correct it when I pointed it out
> with proofs, something like a decade ago.). A good school LOOKS for
> ways to improve - not ways to criticize ideas suggested much less the
> people suggesting them.
>
> It is my view that BIH and any other school - needs to see positive
> suggestions from tutors (and anyone else) as good things to consider
> and not reasons to beat up the person making the suggestion for
> supposed "disloyalty". No doubt this email will be seen as the
> ultimate "disloyalty" whereas the wise approach and the better
> businesslike approach is to see it with a view to looking for ways to
> improve this negative record of facts.
>
> These are mainly management issues I have listed.
> I feel that with a closed mind to improvements, and a lack of
> understanding of the relevance of an agreed written contract, it
> makes life for tutors uncomfortable in the extreme.
> .....And I leave you to assess whether that affects students or
> course value.
>
> Namaste,
> Irene
>
--
Imagine Peace


------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 19:09:04 -0800
From: Irene de Villiers <furryboots@icehouse.net>
Subject: Re: [H] BIH
To: Lynn Cremona <freelynn@optonline.net>
Cc: homeopathy@homeolist.com
Message-ID: <AFC75021-180E-402F-8B16-F7E33304E46E@icehouse.net>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; delsp=yes; format=flowed


On Mar 7, 2011, at 3:02 PM, Lynn Cremona wrote:

> Hello Jack,
> I disagree with the opinion of BIH that has been presented.

I'm glad you find the tutor fee fair.
Perhaps it depends how much effort one puts into tutoring, or perhaps
some people do not need to make a living. I put in a LOT of hours,
and my BIH students do appreciate it a lot. But the fee amounts to
less than a quarter of the miniumum wage in WA where I live.

I did not discuss the course material in my email despite your answer
here addressing it as if I did.
In my email I only agreed with BIH it needed an update and I was
contracted to do that (till they renegged on payment). So it is not
clear from your post, what part of my email you actually disagree
with. I discussed only management issues. You do not comment on those
here. They can be made right by any good manager.

If one is looking for courses on classical homeopathy in USA, I do
not know of better ones. But that does not preclude updating them and
making them as good as thy can be.

My own school, IVYHOM, was started at the request of many of my BIH
students, as they felt the need for a lot more than they got at BIH
in the D.Vet.Hom degree. They were basically getting it from my tutor
work with them at BIH but BIH reassigned most of my students to other
tutors, hence the requests to find another way for me to teach them.
Thus IVYHOM was started. I have only a handful of students at IVYHOM,
mainly the ones who asked me to teach them more plus some on my cat
FIP health list who want to help with this disease (some of whom are
still completing their BIH courses in D.Vet.Hom as well - at my
suggestion - as a background course to the IVYHOM one.

For example, I feel a god course should include Fibonacci potencies -
as we started with in the beginning of this thread. BIH has not done
that. It's needed for the kind of work I do and my students want to
do. So are a lot of other things not covered at BIH. Business skills
for one.

> What is taught at BIH under the Directorship og Maria
> Bohle (Dr Cook has retired) is based on the teachings of Hahnemann.

So was the teaching at BIH/UK under Dr Cook. Since I studied under
both systems and have tutored under the BIH/USA one and still do, I
am in a position to state this. Your email seems to imply otherwise
at BIH/UK. That could not be further from the truth :-)

However what was known in Hahnemann's day is not enough. We know more
now, and need to add it. Updating the courses is good. Again - my
post was about how I was/am treated as a tutor, not about course
content which is a whole other subject ..... and which you have now
started to add to the discussion here.

It is an odd email you write as a "response" - you "disagree" with my
tutor aspect and then "explain" by writing about something totally
separate like course content :-)

Courses at IVYHOM include in depth study of Organon and other
relevant writings (Chronic diseases etc) aphorism by aphorism - BIH
also teaches classical but with a short description and only tells
students to read the Organon. There's no in depth study or exam on it.
Classical homeopathy matches the remedy to the individual and in my
opinion and experience no other way can heal. So it is what I use
myself (regardless what some stalker troll says to the contrary.)

I ADD to it, with nutrition and so on, in order to have successful
cases of FIP (which others apparently do not get to my knowledge -
please tell me if you know of one) and in accordance with Hahnemann
's principles to make sure the environment is correct for the case.
And I add to it further by using F series potencies which are not
against Hahnemann's way either, just a further development. Hahnemann
never managed to finalize potency in his lifetime.

Legally, the word "veterinary" may be used as an adjective by BIH,
in conjunction with the word "homeopathy" as in "veterinary
homeopathy", or "veterinary homeopath" but not in any way where it
might be thought to refer to a veterinarian or a course towards a
veterinary degree such as DVM.
I researched the legalities of this for BIH at their request when
Maria bought BIH. It is why BIH can issue Diplomas in "Veterinary
Homeopathy", unlike BIH /UK before BIH/USA took them over, as BIH/UK
had made a pact with the British veterinary authorities not to use
that terminology.

> Once
> completing the 4 year schooling and taking the Final Exam, passing the
> CHC Exam, if one chooses to sit for it, will be a seamless transition.

Not really.
CHC still has not realized veterinary homeopathy even exists and they
make no accommodation for it. Nor do they make standard exceptions to
their rules (that do not apply in many instances). The certification
is worthless as any vet with a few years of allopathy and a tossed in
remedy here and there can get it. No exam needed. Most "homeopathic
vets" in USA have 4 weekend seminars of "training" in homeopathy -
from someone who has none. Giving them a CHC makes the CHC worthless
by definition as it fails to differentiate someone who knows
homeopathy from someone who only says they do.
CHC is just a group of people asking a lot of annual money to call
someone certified. Nice income if you can get it.
BIH pushes the CHC exam - I find it a money grabbing system only -
for CHC - who has never answered my request for what they do with the
very large "annual fee" (shades of "annual vaccination" - also a
great way to get annual income for no value given?)

> BIH also offers a Clinical Nutrition course, Veterinarian Course,

They do not offer a veterinarian course.

I tutor the only veterinary/animal related courses at BIH, which are
a Basic course in Veterinary Homeopathy (ten units) and a Diploma in
Veterinary Homeopathy which follows (to complete 29 units).
"Veterinarian courses" are trained only at accredited schools in USA
under the American Veterinary Medical Association System, and BIH is
not one. BIH may not issue DVM degrees to newly qualified
veterinarians, and the word "veterinarian" is actually a legally
reserved word for licensed veterinarians only, to use in USA.

> Additional Courses which are not Homeopathy are offered at BIH, ie
> Bach
> Flower, Herbology, and others.

Yes. Like Gemmotherapy, a course written by Dr Rozencwajg. A good one.
:-)

Namaste,
Irene
--
Irene de Villiers, B.Sc AASCA MCSSA D.I.Hom/D.Vet.Hom.
P.O. Box 4703 Spokane WA 99220.
www.angelfire.com/fl/furryboots/clickhere.html (Veterinary Homeopath.)
"Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt one doing it."


------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Homeopathy Mailing List
homeopathy@homeolist.com
http://lists.homeolist.com/mailman/listinfo/homeopathy

End of homeopathy Digest, Vol 11, Issue 31
******************************************

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen