Montag, 26. Dezember 2011

Re: [H] Combos and complexes

We agree on the basic principle of homeopathy, the law of similars, always
have.

That other notions, other understandings, other methodologies are a
necessity for the proper practice of homeopathy specifically and medicine in
general is self evident as far as I am concerned.

I wrote at length about that, gave clinical examples over the years, use
this daily in my practice and use homeopathy according to H's basic
principles and to the changes that have appeared over 200 years of practice
and over my now 23 years of using and prescribing homeopathy as part of my
clinical work.

Joe.

 

Dr. J. Rozencwajg, NMD.

"The greatest enemy of any science is a closed mind"

Visit my new website www.naturamedica.webs.com

-------Original Message-------

From: John Harvey

Date: 27/12/2011 12:36:39 p.m.

To: Dr. J. Rozencwajg, NMD.

Cc: homeopathy@homeolist.com

Subject: Re: [H] Combos and complexes

Hi, Joe --

On 27 December 2011 10:07, Dr. J. Rozencwajg, NMD. <jroz@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

1. Certainties: yes, but you will need to wait until 2014 for me to publish

It.....call me back then

Righto. :-)

2. On the one hand you are complicating the arguments by saying "we do not

Know enough/anything about it", on the other hand you claim that by

Explaining the way I work and understand homeopathy, I do betray it and

Hahnemann's work. Said differently you are modifying the argument to suit

The end result towards your own set of preconceived conclusions, exactly the


Same way conventional pharmaceutical companies do their research....I seem

To remember this is called a solipsism.....

I do apologise, but I'm not understanding your argument here at all. Are you
suggesting that in order to differentiate homoeopathy's practice from other
practices, we would need to understand exactly its mechanism?

Newtonian physics is still perfectly correct and applicable; the relativity

Theory expanded it, did not make it wrong; quantum physics did not nullify

Any of them.

Homeopathy evolves.

It evolves, yes, and it retains its single principle, without which it
surely is not homoeopathy.

I'm sorry that you take offence at the distinction between that principle,
with its requirements of prescribing (at one time) a single medicine of
known pathogenesis for the entirety of the case of illness before one, and
other methods, which I drew without judgement.

I have explained at length how I personally do it while

Respecting its basic tenets. Whether you disagree or cannot see it, I could

Not care less.

I did not ask you to care for my opinion, Joe. I posited an understanding
based on the most straightforward meaning of homoeopathy, a meaning that I
ve never seen anybody who cares about homoeopathy dispute even in the inane
conversations that occur with predictable monotony on homoeopathy e-mail
lists. (And I know I don't need to repeat that meaning for you.)

3. "Psychobabblian" ????? Do you happen to read your own emails??? If you

Are going to go down the road of pseudo-intellectual insults, that

Conversation is closed, at least with you.

Did you take that word to refer to your work in some way? Perhaps you should
reread the sentence it appeared in! Here it is again, for your convenience:
There therefore seems to be no stronger basis for a claim that homoeopaths
should know this system than for a claim that they should know how to
prescribe medicines on the basis of the materia medica

Constructed entirely by guesswork or that they should know how to diagnose a


Patient in terms of psychobabblian interpretation."

The reference to psychobabblian diagnosis was -- obviously, I hope, when you
read it attentively -- no reference to your work; it was a reference to
something I thought and still think we could agree has no place in
homoeopathic diagnosis.

That clarified, I hope, I'd be pleased to see a responsive reply, to the
extent that one is possible, to the argument I made there as to whether the
relevance to homoeopathy of your admittedly admirable work in organotherapy
(if I'm not misusing the term) is so great as to warrant the claim you made
for its necessity as a subject of importance to the homoeopathic student (or
of any more importance, as I tried to intimate, than those other practices I
mentioned).

Kind regards,

John

--

"And if care became the ethical basis of citizenship? Our parliaments,
guided by such ideas, would be very different places."

—Paul Ginsborg, Democracy: Crisis and Renewal, London: Profile, 2008.


_______________________________________________
Homeopathy Mailing List
homeopathy@homeolist.com
http://lists.homeolist.com/mailman/listinfo/homeopathy

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen